$HOME/bin

Michael Klinosky mpk2 at enter.net
Sun Jun 3 23:35:54 UTC 2007

Hello.
I installed Fedora 7 on one of my machines. In setting it up, I'm trying
out what I've learned, and expand my knowledge.

One application that I use (BOINC, a distributed processing system) has
some help pages off-site. The person states that a dir '$HOME/bin'
should exist; if not, it should be created. (Btw, I didn't know about
this dir until now.)

I see that Fedora anticipates this (it was in the path already).
However, I don't understand why it's not hidden (i.e. '.bin'). Is this
normal?