hard disk install confused by two iso images

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 03:13:11 UTC 2007

I installed F7 earlier today using installation from hard disk method. I
had downloaded the DVD torrent to /dev/hda4 in /path/to/dir/Fedora-7-i386.

When I started the installation process, F7 detected my disks as sda and
sdb (instead of hda and hdb). Upon choosing the install from hard disk
option, choosing /dev/sda4, and giving the path to the directory
/path/to/dir/Fedora-7-i386 (which contained two iso images:
F-7-i386-rescuecd.iso and F-7-i386-DVD.iso), the installer threw an
exception. It turned out that if I put the DVD iso in its own directory,
then the install went fine. I ended up have the iso in /dev/sda4/f7
(directory was f7). It appears that the two ISO images in the same
directory confused the installer.

->HS