I need a self evolving machine

Peter Connolly psconnolly at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 05:00:59 UTC 2007

I've had to put up with some amount of abuse about using Red Hat
distros.  And one of the principal complaints that I've heard over the
years about Red Hat and Fedora is that you do all your upgrades with a
lot of CDs (or one DVD) and even then the prospect of them working was
dicey at best.  Debian and Ubuntu distros have supported major version
upgrades (that work) for quite a while.  I think that Fedora 7 is the
first of Red Hat lineage to offer a major version upgrade via 'yum'.
Is that right?