Dependency issues with pirut?

Dan ml at mutox.org
Mon Jun 4 12:05:25 UTC 2007

> I had the same problem with both yumex and pirut, so I modified
> the above bugzilla to say it is a yum problem, but maybe it really
> is only something that happens to the gui interfaces (perhaps
> something busted in whatever APIs are provided for the GUIs to use?).

That is certainly what I am thinking at present.

I'm guessing this is a very obscure issue, otherwise there would be more
posts about yum/yumex/pirut messing up. pirut worked for me, at least a
few times, as it appears to for most users.

I will likely install a heap more software in the coming days, so no doubt
yum and pirut will cop a fair bit of testing here. If I discover anything
I will certainly post it here or to bugzilla.