nVidia from Freshrpms, selinux

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Mon Jun 4 13:19:27 UTC 2007

On Mon June 4 2007, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> I got it to work with a little persistence.
>
> I installed the Livna version of the driver, but I'll bet it's similar.
> The post talks about the ... 4 commands:
> Change them as follows:
>
> # chcon -t texrel_shlib_t /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.so
> # chcon -t texrel_shlib_t /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
> # chcon -t texrel_shlib_t /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libGLcore.so
>
> The command:
> # chcon -t texrel_shlib_t /usr/lib/tls/libnvidia-tls.so.1
>
> ...didn't work for me as I could not locate this file, or anything like
> it, on my system. If someone knows what happened to this file, I'd love
> to hear about it!
>
> Even without this, my system then came up just fine. I've not
> successfully gotten to work on both my desktop and laptop.

It didn't work with the Freshrpms version of the driver. I did run all three
commands as you suggested. I also found the location of the file for the
fourth command and ran it.

FYI - libnvidia-tls.so.1 is in:    /usr/lib/nvidia AND in /usr/lib/nvidia/tls
I ran the command on the first location and that didn't help, then ran it on
the second, and that didn't help either. I found some suggestions on the
freshrpms list about creating a file in /etc/udev/makedev.d/60-nvidia.nodes

That contains the nvidia devices :

nvidia0
nvidia1
nvidia2
nvidia3
nvidiactl

But that didn't work, either
I guess I'm going to try the Livna driver next, although I really like the
combo of the freshrpms driver and dkms, which builds a new driver module
automatically  each time I install a new kernel, upon reboot. I never have to
worry about waiting a couple of days for the new kmod that way

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA