F7 install: grub prompt on reboot

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Mon Jun 4 14:48:01 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I just upgraded my FC6 system from the F7 DVD. Everything appeared to
go well, but when I try to boot, the intial bootup sequence just drops
me into a grub prompt.

I booted the DVD with the rescue option. It mounted the F7 partition
and I could verify that /boot/grub/menu.1st  appeared ok: it listed
both the last FC6 kernel as well as the new 2.6.21 version. (I allowed
the installer to upgrade the grub configuration).

The MBR is in /dev/sda. F7 is on /dev/sdd. I don't have any other OSs
install, so I am hoping fixing this will be easy and straightforward.

Thanks for any help...

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam