OpenOffice automatic printing

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Jun 4 19:20:54 UTC 2007

It occurs to me that OpenOffice would make a dandy filter to do some file
conversions. I'm thinking that I can load html and doc files and so on into
OpenOffice Writer, then print them to a file and get Postscript or PDF all in
one smooth motion.

I would like to script this operation and tell OpenOffice to load test.html
into Writer, then print it to a file.

I can get the first half of the job

ooffice -writer test.html

That brings up Writer and loads my file.

Now how do I print it to a Postscript or PDF file and close OpenOffice without
having to click the icons?

I've tried all sorts of permutations of "ooffice -pt Cups-PDF test.html"
without success.  Printing to the Cups-PDF printer from within OpenOffice works
fine, but I can't find the magic combination to get it to do that automatically.