F7: Desktop Effects bug with nVidia GPU

Clodoaldo clodoaldo.pinto.neto at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 19:57:10 UTC 2007

2007/6/4, Lonni J Friedman <netllama at gmail.com>:
> On 6/4/07, Clodoaldo <clodoaldo.pinto.neto at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Is the terminal the only window that lacks a title bar, or do all
> > > applications exhibit this behavior?
> >
> > I suggested the terminal because it is fast to start. I tried also
> > with gedit and its behavior is still worse: it gets stuck to the top
> > left corner, hiding the top bar, without the title bar and without the
> > text area.
>
> This isn't a bug, you've not configured X correctly.

xorg.conf configured by the livna-config-display: What is wrong with it?

# Xorg configuration created by livna-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "single head configuration"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
EndSection

Section "Files"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbModel" "abnt2"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "br"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        Option      "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
        Option      "DisableGLXRootClipping" "True"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
                Modes    "1280x1024" "1280x960" "1280x800" "1280x720" "1152x864"
 "1152x768" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Clodoaldo