is there a reason i can't retrieve a mirrorlist for yum anymore?

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Tue Jun 5 04:11:36 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 10:01:26AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   suddenly, a few days ago, i started getting the following
> invariably:
>
> Setting up repositories
> Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-released-fc6&arch=i386
> error was
> [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (110, 'Connection timed out')>
> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates
>
>   i haven't messed with my yum configuration lately.  thoughts?

It could be that the Fedora Infrastructure server you were connecting
to at the moment was unavailable.  There's 2-3 front-end servers and 2
application servers for the mirrorlists, all load-balanced, so this
shouldn't happen, but occasionally it can.

If you can reliably reproduce this, please join #fedora-admin on
freenode and poke people like myself there to diagnose while it's
happening.

Thanks,
Matt

--