Boot temporarilly stalls on "Bringing up interface eth0"

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 14:50:55 UTC 2007

Every time I boot my laptop the system freezes for while right when it says
Bringing up interface eth0.  The mouse does not move and the little spinny
boot-thingy in rhgb stops rotating.  After about a minute--sometimes
longer--it continues to boot.  This is independent of whether or not I have
an ethernet cable plugged in.  Has anyone else seen this?  I notice this on
F7 only, it didn't happen with previous installations of Fedora.

--
Dylan

Type faster.  Use Dvorak:
http://dvzine.org