Mount labels in fstab?

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Tue Jun 5 21:27:21 UTC 2007

When I went to do my F7 upgrade from FC6 at home I got a strange error,
the system crapped out on the upgrade complaining about not having a
label in /etc/fstab for one of my mount points (/dev/hdb2) even though
that mount point is only for backups and isn't an integral part of the
system.  What's the deal and why is this a requirement now?

--
Da mihi sis bubulae frustrum assae, solana tuberosa in modo gallico
fricta, ac quassum lactatum coagulatum crassum

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support