bcm43xx mac80211: YOUR FIRMWARE IS TOO OLD.

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Thu Jun 7 06:51:39 UTC 2007

bucky wrote:
> I'd be really interested in a guide explaining HOW to get the old
> driver to work in Fedora 7.

I followed the recipe posted by John W. Linville on this list:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2007-June/msg01009.html

This worked for me (F-7 i386). The new driver didn't work (I could
see the wireless networks, but not establish a WPA connection to them),
so I'm now using the old bcm43xx driver.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk