Fedora 7 is uncapable of suspending or hibernating.

Qiang linux.liuqiang at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 06:56:45 UTC 2007

I have found the reason to suspending failing.
If "smolt" service has been turned off, suspending or hibernating will fail.
After I turn "smolt" service on, they work.

But I found a bug about Power Manger, which I am not certain of.
My screen is ViewSonic 19 WideScreen, and I installed 915 resolution to solve
the problem that Fedora is uncapable of setting the Screen Resolution to
1440x900 rightly.

Now, I make the computer hibernate. After I woke up the computer, the height
of the screen shranked, and about 20% of the screen is messed up with all kinds
of color.

How solve it?