Is there an application that would apply power-saving options when switching to battery mode?

Rogue roguexz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 21:54:05 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I have been toying around with powertop, and there were quite a few
suggestions that it made regarding power saving. Now, I was wondering if
we have a Utility / process in F7 that would trigger these changes
everytime the laptop switched to battery modes... just like the user
sessions option, with the difference that these sessions apply to
battery mode as compared to ac-power mode.

Another question that I had was, is the hci_usb module (loaded as part
of the bluetooth services) meant for USB bluetooth dongles? If that is
the case, is there someway that I can turn it off altogether? The reason
I ask is because, everytime I try to unload the module, i get a FATAL:
module still in use. Now I have turned off bluetooth services, and yet I
see this issue. Any hints on how this can be accomplished?

thanks,
Rogue