Much Challenge Getting F7 Installed

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Fri Jun 8 17:14:52 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 11:16:43AM -0400, tom wrote:

> Well, its been fun so far... NOT! I'd post a bug report, but I don't think
> I can offer enough details to make it worth the engineer's time to fool
> with. Perhaps bitching here can improve my report to make it worth while.
>
> I would like to tryout F7 on one of my machines. I have downloaded and
> burned the DVD which passes the media check at the beginning of the
> install sequence. I suspect that the victum machine may be a little light
> on RAM with 256  MB installed, but I'll have to dig for further details on
> the hardware, because I've forgotten the details in the past 2
> years.

This sounds like a lack of memory. rpm runs out of memory, and yum
does mysterious things instead of reporting the problem. You've
already tried a non-GUI installation, good. Also try an NFS
installation and a minimal installation. You can alway add more
later. Also, enable swap as early in the process as possible.