tracking down a lockup problem - More found info

Jeffrey Ross jeff at bubble.org
Fri Jun 8 17:37:53 UTC 2007

> I just installed the newly posted kernel (2.6.21-1.3219.fc7) last night
> hoping it would somehow solve my lockup problems, alas, no such luck the
> system just restarted itself via the watchdog timer. :(
>
> I'm at a loss to provide useful information as nothing is sent to the
> console (I've correctly set up a serial console).
>
> Suggestions?  Everything was quite stable under FC6 and I would prefer not
> to go back if I don't have too.  Am I the only one with lockup problems
> with Fedora 7 with a Dual Core processor running x86_64 and Intel's 965
> chipset?
>
> Thanks, Jeff

came across this in /var/log/mcelog

MCE 0
HARDWARE ERROR. This is *NOT* a software problem!
Please contact your hardware vendor
CPU 0 BANK 0 MCG status:EIPV
MCi status:
Uncorrected error
Processor context corrupt
MCA:Internal Timer error
STATUS a200000084010400 MCGSTATUS 2
MCE 1
HARDWARE ERROR. This is *NOT* a software problem!
Please contact your hardware vendor
CPU 1 BANK 0 RIP 00:ffffffff80334d0a
MCG status:EIPV
MCi status:
Uncorrected error
Processor context corrupt
MCA:Internal Timer error
STATUS a200000084010400 MCGSTATUS 2
MCE 0
HARDWARE ERROR. This is *NOT* a software problem!
Please contact your hardware vendor
CPU 0 BANK 0 RIP 00:ffffffff880022f7

What does this mean?