FC5 permissions problem cdrom

Adalbert Prokop adalbert.prokop at gmx.de
Fri Jun 8 17:58:40 UTC 2007

Tom Poe wrote on Friday 08 June 2007:

> (...)  I can't mount the CDROM.  I added
> cdrom to /etc/fstab, but that didn't help.  How can I force my
> computer to read FC5 install #1 on boot?  My bios calls for CDROM to be
> read first. It acts as if that is being overridden?

You want to boot from CD-ROM to start the installation, right?

Fedora cannot override you BIOS boot sequence. If your BIOS skips the
CD-ROM there are several possibilities:

1. Your CD-ROM is listed *after* the HDD in BIOS
2. Your CD-ROM is not recognized by the BIOS or is deactivated
3. Your CD has errors and is not recognized as a boot medium
4. Your CD drive is malfunctioning.

You said you can't mount your cdrom. That might be a hint to a damaged CD
or CD drive (3. or 4.)

--
Bye,
Adalbert

I don't kill flies, but I like to mess with their minds. I hold them above
globes. They freak out and yell "Whooa, I'm *way* too high." -- Bruce
Baum