Fedora 7 FAQ - Draft for feedback

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 8 18:34:39 UTC 2007

Kam Leo wrote:

> The Release Notes do not get updated unless very faulty or critical
> information needs to be modified or included. (I have first hand
> knowledge with a submitted bug report which impacted F7. F7 Release
> Notes were frozen in RC2 and nothing short of a critical problem would
> get it modified.) A bug report may cause this information to be
> included for F8. It does not help current users.

The web based releases notes were updated a day before the release and
that is being referenced prominently and is as official as any FAQ could
be.

> Regardless of where this information is placed, the intent of my
> original posting was to find out what official source/document
> provided the Live CD requirements. I, personally have no need for this
> information, but what I have gotten so far, is a bureaucratic
> run-around. It would be nice to have an authenticated source
> disseminate this data.

The system requirements for a live images does not differ from the
regular images and has already been documented clearly in the release
notes. I don't know what further information you have been looking for.

Rahul