FC7 Nvidia is crazy

alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri Jun 8 19:51:41 UTC 2007

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007, Paul Lemmons wrote:

>> Tnx Paul: everything is o.k....it sounds strange that during upgrades
>> I have to disinstall driver and re-install exactly same driver!!! what
>> is the technical explanation???
>>
>> Tnx again
>>
> Color me clueless. I just know what I did to fix it.
>
> I have heard that sunspot activity has been high recently ;-)

I think I know the answer for this one...

I am willing to bet that you installed the nVIDIA driver and then later
upgraded Mesa drivers.  It was having problems with the mix of nVIDIA and
non-nVIDIA drivers.

--
"ANSI C says access to the padding fields of a struct is undefined.
ANSI C also says that struct assignment is a memcpy. Therefore struct