Is Fedora 7 an upgrade over Fedora Core 4?

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Jun 8 23:55:27 UTC 2007

    It's been 2 days since I loaded F7 on this computer with a 160 GB HD
and so far I have got one application (Thunderbird) working after being
told which lib file to yum in. This should have been in F7 by default.

    I am still trying to get Skype to work. I have tried a lot of things
but still not the intuitive things used here on Fedora Core 4. They
don't exist on F7.

    There are some harder things I must have working at least as well as
here on FC4 or I will just stay here. Getting F7 to do things is a pain.
I think for my way of doing things I better drop back to Red Hat 9, or
even 7.

Karl