Is Fedora 7 an upgrade over Fedora Core 4?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at CU.CLEMSON.EDU
Sat Jun 9 00:37:04 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 17:55 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> It's been 2 days since I loaded F7 on this computer with a 160 GB HD
> and so far I have got one application (Thunderbird) working after being
> told which lib file to yum in. This should have been in F7 by default.

It is.  I don't use it regularly, but it I installed it with no problem
and it starts up just fine for me.  How did you install T-Bird?

>     I am still trying to get Skype to work. I have tried a lot of things
> but still not the intuitive things used here on Fedora Core 4. They
> don't exist on F7.

It's hard to know how to advise you if you don't explain (a) how you
installed Skype; (b) what "isn't working" means; and (c) what you've
tried.  It might even help to explain what "intuitive things" in FC4 you
think are missing.  If you just want to complain, fine.  But if you
really want our help, you have to help us.

>     There are some harder things I must have working at least as well as
> here on FC4 or I will just stay here. Getting F7 to do things is a pain.
> I think for my way of doing things I better drop back to Red Hat 9, or
> even 7.

Or take a few deep breaths and explain what you're trying to accomplish
and what trouble you're having

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences