F7 Printing Bug, and Thunderbird problems

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Jun 9 19:57:30 UTC 2007

Hi Gang,

Looks like this default letter size on the yummed thunderbird is too
small for me. But can change that if I remember how. I am on F7 now and
the thunderbird 2.0.0 is working ok but still not all correct.

The Printer has a bug. When I deleted the original printer setup and did
a new one. To my horror there was a list of 6 possible drivers for this
Brother model HL-1440 LISTED and I had to make a choice :-\
Well I selected the one that said reccomended. I then printed the test
page and it was perfect! I decided this was going to be fine. but no, it
isn't. I next tried to print a file using "lpr filename" and it printed
garbage.  Then I had it print a message on thunderbird out and that was
a fine print.

    So the printer will not print files but does ok on other stuff. A BUG.

Karl Larsen