F7 DVD problem -

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jun 10 11:18:03 UTC 2007

Bob Goodwin - W2BOD wrote:

> Yes, I gave up on the DVD.iso and downloaded and installed the F7 live
> gnome.  It is booting for the first time as I write this.

OK.  FWIW, if I am not mistaken (and I am good a making mistakes) a DVD/CD
drive has multiple lasers and they are used depending on the media.  I
recently had a Pioneer drive that would not write DVD-R media but had no
problems with CDs.  So, you may have a similar case.

> Now I hope that I will be able to install the rpm's in the dvd.iso
> file!  I try to stay within the 17 gig/30 day cap on my ISP's service
> [see Wildblue's Fair Access Policy.]  If we exceed that we are throttled
> back to dial up speed while still paying for premium service, not good!
> But it's the best of the options available here in the sticks.

Ouch.  We don't have those kinds of ISPs here in Taiwan.  But, yes, you
should be able to mount your DVD iso and install what you need from there.

Ed