root Directory Size Limit

John bowden j-alan at btconnect.com
Sun Jun 10 13:59:47 UTC 2007

On Sunday 10 June 2007 14:51:02 Ed Greshko wrote:
> John bowden wrote:
> > Hi Folks
> > Just a quick question before I go to work. Is there a maximum size for /.
> > I'm going to install F7 on a dual boot machine with a 120Mb IDE and a
> > 250Gb SATA. Was thinking of giving windoz about 80/100Mb of disk space
> > and use the rest for F7.
>
> Yes, but you are not even close.
>
> --
> Beggars should be no choosers.
> 		-- John Heywood

Thanks for the reply. The reason why I asked was my Mandriva note book ran out
of space on the / directory. Mandriva gives you the option to copy the
install DVD on to your hard drive and I ended up having to delete it to get
things working again. This time I thought I would give / an extra 5 or 6 Gb.

--
Guy Fawkes, the only man to enter the house's of parliment
with honest intentions, (he was going to blow them up!)