fglrx and Fedora 7 works!

Jose Celestino japc at co.sapo.pt
Sun Jun 10 14:16:03 UTC 2007

Words by Kevin J. Cummings [Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 10:50:46PM -0400]:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Dotan Cohen wrote:
> >

> >> You should probably post this to bugzilla and the devel list as well.
> >> You'll save somebody a lot of work. Thanks.
> >
> > Wouldn't be useful. If ATI doesn't support the latest Xorg provided in
> > Fedora 7 there isn't much Fedora developers can do about it.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong and out of line here, but if the latest fglrx
> packages doesn't work with F7, can't the 3rd party repo maintainers
> remove it in favor of an older package that does work (only in their F7
> repos)?  Why isn't this a viable solution?  I thought that the point of

Because ati driver (fglrx) doesn't work with the most recent Xorg and
there is nothing anyone can do about that except for ATI. Yeah, binary
drivers suck and ATI/AMD sucks. So it goes.

--
Jose Celestino
http://www.msversus.org/     ; http://techp.org/petition/show/1