Feature Request "secure by default"

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Sun Jun 10 14:28:52 UTC 2007

On Sunday 10 June 2007 09:24:30 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Andras Simon wrote:
> > On 6/10/07, Manuel Arostegui Ramirez <manuel at todo-linux.com> wrote:

<snip>

> > dangerous services running. At some point during the install I said NO
> > for ipv6. Still, I have the ipv6 kernel module loaded, and my nic has
> > an inet6 address. Etc.
>
> Ipv6 is not a daemon or service. What daemons by default are connecting
> to the network?

he makes a good point about ipv6, though.  if you check to disable it, then
you are choosing to not use it, but it gets loaded nonetheless.

in my case, i did the same, but unless i disable ip6tables, i still have to
wait for ip6tables to wait and wait and wait, then tell me there are no ipv6
routers available, then continue normally.

--
Anthony -  http://messinet.com - http://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E