Feature Request "secure by default"

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez manuel at todo-linux.com
Sun Jun 10 16:00:24 UTC 2007

El Domingo, 10 de Junio de 2007 17:22, Charles Curley escribió:

> You've heard of "security by obscurity"? I prefer the opposite:
> security by simplicity. I have a very simple rule of security: if it
> isn't there, they can't crack it. If IPV6 is not requested, the module
> should not be loaded.

Ummm, that's makes very hard to install a distro and be happy with it, cause
all distros across the Linux world install by default loads of modules which
are not used in most of cases.
Would be impossible, in my opinion, to make a distro for normal users, cause
in most cases you cannot expect average users to decide which modules are
they going to want in their distro, can you?
I guess that would be done in an advance install menu of the
distribution...that's another history...

All the best
Manuel

--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.