googleearth shutdown X server

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Jun 10 17:40:31 UTC 2007

On Sunday 10 June 2007, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
>See:
>http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678
>
>On 6/10/07, zhu blue <zhu.blue at gmail.com> wrote:
>> hi,
>> after upgraded from FC6 to FC7,my googleearth can't work any more.
>> whenever I started googleearth at terminal using command "googleearth
>> &",
>> it will shutdown my X server and I have to use "startx" command to
>> restart x again.
>>
>> I guess it is because Nvidia driver and FC7 problem.

This file, downloaded from the nvidia web page, would appear to fix this
problem: NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.09-pkg1.run

Download it to your home dir, in my case /root, and install it with
#>sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.09-pkg1.run

and follow the prompts.

All 3 of my problem apps, celestia, stellarium, and google-earth now work as
expected on my FC6 system.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)