Do we have a good alarm clock for the GNOME desktop?

Rogue roguexz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 03:10:50 UTC 2007

Mark Eggers wrote:
> Rogue wrote:
>> Horsley wrote:

>>> I use "remind" together with a silly app I wrote to popup messages.
>>> Here's the link to my stuff:
>>>
>>> http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/qtmess.html
>>>
>>> (which, in turn, has links to remind and wot-not).
>>>
>> Going through the page.. thanks for the pointers :-)
>>
>> later,
>> Rogue

> A quick search came up with three solutions.  None of them are Gnome -
> specific, but they should work.
>
> xmms-alarm - which is available via yum
> kalarm     - you'll have to install some portion of KDE
> DASC       - http://www.davefancella.com/software/dsac.html
>
> I've not tried any of them.  DASC (a Python application) built cleanly
> and started up under Gnome.
>
> /mde/
> just my two cents . . . .
Hi Mark,

I guess I shall go ahead and build a Java based application once I am
done with my exam :-) ... Given that Java 6 now allows me to place items
in the sys-tray, it should be a fairly trivial task :-) ... Atleast, I
do not have to see statements as mentioned on DASC's site ... this
doesn't work, will be fixed later, etc.

On a side note, looks like my yum configuration is messed up, I do not
see kalarm... which is strange... I have the Fedora and Livna
repositories enabled.

later,
Rogue