MPEG-4 movie resolution conversion: which software and how

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 06:13:00 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a mobile phone that can play MPEG-4 (and also
3gp) format, but only with a QCIF resultion (176x144).

It refuses to play higher resultions; hence I need to
downgrade the resolution of my MPEG-4 movie files.
How can I do that?

I can play the MPEG-4 movies on my desktop with Xine
and Mplayer; but I can't figure out whether this
software can also convert to lower resolution.

For example:
I have a mp4 file of QVGA resolution (320x240);
how can I convert this to QCIF ?

Thank you!

Rob.