Fedora 7 for Remote Server

Eric spamsink at scoot.netis.com
Mon Jun 11 13:58:59 UTC 2007

I'm setting up a server in the next few weeks that will be located remotely
(next town from here) and will be accessible 24x7 only with a fair amount
of inconvenience and wasted time (find my key card to the co-location room,
then drive 30-45 minutes each way and go through normal level of difficulty
finding someplace to park, etc.).

The server will serve web, FTP, SSH, Subversion (via svn+ssh protocol), and
a contacts manager database called Turba running on Horde, both of which
are PHP applications that run via Apache HTTPD.

Platform will be 1.8-GHz P4 with 512 MB RAM.  Internet connection will be
via a multi-megabyte backbone (don't know exactly how fast but it's pretty
fast).

Security is a major consideration and so I'd like to run on the "most
current" version of Fedora, i.e. F7, so that security issues can be kept up
to date.

Is Fedora 7 "ready" for this or am I asking for trouble?

For the record, I have had no problems ... so far ... with F7 on VMware.