Do you use SELinux

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Jun 11 17:57:52 UTC 2007

Matthew J. Roth wrote:
> There was recently an article about SELinux on Slashdot.  The comments
> contain some useful ideas, including enabling SELinux in permissive
> mode.  In permissive mode, security violations are logged but not
> enforced.  This allows you to configure SELinux for your system prior to
> setting it to enforcing mode, which is a good alternative to simply
> disabling it as soon as it causes a problem.
>
> Red Hat Boosts SELinux With RHEL 5
> <http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/06/06/007218>

Thanks for the article.

I run it on my home machines as an added protection against the kids
doing something strange.  More of a just in case issue.  It is in enforcing.

No real issues that I can think of.  I did find that in a few cases it
helped point to a problem that I was trying to trace.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.