suggestion for mailing list

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez manuel at todo-linux.com
Mon Jun 11 21:58:21 UTC 2007

El Lunes, 11 de Junio de 2007 23:18, Tony Nelson escribió:
> At 11:52 AM -0700 6/11/07, Les wrote:
> >Hi, everyone,
> >	I remember the welcome message from older bulletin boards, which gave
> >you some info about the board and its uses/customs/guidelines.  It seems
> >to me that we could do new posters a favor by sending them such a
> >message when they join the list.  The subject line should be something
> >like Getting the most out of fedora-list.
> >
> >	Text something like:
> >
> >	Basics:
> >  This list is meant to help you get the best from your fedora
> >installation.  People here will help you find and fix problems, guide
> >you to best practices, and generally share their knowledge with you.  In
> >return you should contribute what you learn.  As you become comfortable
> >with fedora, it is desirable to add to the information used to improve
> >and maintain the system through bugzilla (this should be a link to a
> >document describing how to setup bugzilla and how to report bugs).

> >What do you all think?
>
> Basics should also include:
>
>     No top posting -- reply at the end or interspersed; trim parts
>         you aren't replying to.
>
>     No HTML emails -- post and reply in plain text.
>
> Perhaps it could be made shorter by being more brief about smart questios
> and providing a link to <http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html> .
>
> At some point this will probably have to be sent to the list maintainer, if
> there is any reasonable agreement that it is a good idea.  It might need to
> visit fedora-devel-list as well (or some other list?).
> --

There're not many questions in the fedora devel list actually, it's more
focused about the general developement of fedora (as it names shows), so
there're more emails about general ideas, where all the points Les wrote down
above are worthless in that list, in my opinion, of course.

Cheers

--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.

be used for urgent or sensitive issues.