Fedora Core 7 install...

Axel axel.azerty at laposte.net
Mon Jun 11 14:35:53 UTC 2007

Mike Chalmers a écrit :
> I just posted about the network install but am also wondering about
> the regular installation process. I usually burn the Fedora ISO files
> to cd's but all I can find at the mirrors is DVD ISO files. Are there
> no cd ISO files so that I can burn Fedora to cd's?

If I understand, you look CD iso and not DVD iso. So You can download
through bittorrent (
http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/torrents//Fedora-7-Live-x86_64.torrent
) . This is a live CD with a link on the desktop to install on the hard
drive. It launchs a wizard with all you need to install (partitions,
packages, and so on)

There are mirrors too for the CD isos :

http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/fedora.redhat/linux/releases/7/Live/i386/
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/7/Live/i386/

There a two images  : one gnome based, and one KDE based. Choose the one
you like :)

Axel