Move configs from FC6

Adalbert Prokop adalbert.prokop at gmx.de
Tue Jun 12 08:20:15 UTC 2007

tsimi at speakeasy.net wrote on Tuesday 12 June 2007:

> I've installed Fedora 7 on a different partition than FC6, and would
> like to import my old information from evolution and firefox i.e. old
> emails and contacts, and bookmarks from firefox.

Those are personal information located in your home. You can either copy
your whole home directory from an old location to new, preserving all
settings

# cp -a <oldhome> <newhome>

or you just copy the directories which hold the programs' settings you
mentioned. That should be $HOME/.mozilla/firefox and $HOME/.evolution
(last one is a guess, I don't use it)

The best solution is to place /home on an independent partition. This will
preserve your home on every installation so you won't loose your settings
any more - assuming you don't create a new file system on it ("format it"
in Common Tongue of Redmond's Followers).

--
Bye
Adalbert