Compiling kernel under F-7

Giancarlo del Rossi gdelrossi at entermed.it
Tue Jun 12 08:26:19 UTC 2007

Timothy Murphy ha scritto:
> What changes does one need to make in the kernel configuration (.config)
> on passing from FC-6 to F-7?

The kernel profile is strong relatived to the hw profile of the system
and the feature that you use (file system, network topology etc, etc)

> There is a problem running the orinoco_usb driver module
> with the distribution kernel.
> (The kernel usually crashes when WiFi is started.)

What type of crash ??

Look here for the latest drivers and relatived problems.

The orinoco linux driver (generally and wifi) have a  nice documentation
here :

http://www.nongnu.org/orinoco/documentation/

> So I am trying to compile a vanilla 2.6.21 kernel.
> This actually seems to run OK,
> but it waits for an extraordinary time
> when it enters the Interactive phase.
> What exactly is going on at that time?

What do you explan for interactive phase  ??

Bye
Giancarlo

--
Giancarlo del Rossi
System Administrator
http://www.entermed.it - gdelrossi at entermed.it
-- Se proprio dovete mandarmi file .doc, convertiteli in rtf, grazie --
-- Ennyn Durin Aran Moria: pedo mellon a minno --