PXE booting Live CD?

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Tue Jun 12 11:35:27 UTC 2007

How do I PXE boot an F7 live CD?

I have an environment where I can PXE boot installation
of F7 and PXE boot knoppix, how do I set up the
entry in pxelinux.cfg/default for PXE booting an F7
live CD?

The isolinux.cfg for a live cd looks like this:

label linux
   menu label Run from image
   kernel vmlinuz
   append initrd=initrd.img  ro quiet root=CDLABEL=Fedora-7-Live-x86_64
rootfstype=iso9660 liveimg

and my entries in pxelinux.cfg/default for an F7 install looks like
this:

label installf764auto
         kernel vmlinuz_f7_x86_64
         append initrd=initrd_f7_x86_64.img text
ks=http://172.20.0.1/linux/f7_x86_64.ks nofb noipv6

I have copied vmlinuz and initrd.img from the live cd
into /tftpboot, and the contents of the whole cd into
an nfs accessible directory on the server.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk