FC6 and F7

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Jun 12 12:29:20 UTC 2007

Hi Gang,

    I was told by a friend that F7 was avilable and I should D/L it and
try it. So I did and had a lot of issues many because (as I know now)
had I been using FC6 they would have been old hat. But it was too much
for an old man and I decided to sample FC6.

    I loaded a small FC6 and started to use yum a lot. I got this
Thunderbird by yum because of the problem I had with it on F7 :-)

    Then I started to use the GNU update software and it was not
intuitive to me at least. But I got it figured out. It is a front end
for yum. The Help is non-existant. Has it arrived on FC7? If not I will
be willing to learn more and start writing a help for it.

    My experiances with going from several years with FC4 to FC6 has
been a pleasure. I'm learning a lot and there is a lot more to learn. I
started Linux with Slakware in 1994 so have been a user for a few years.
Yoday I'm 71 years old.

Karl Larsen