Fedora vs OpenSuse

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez manuel at todo-linux.com
Wed Jun 13 07:06:08 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 13 June 2007 08:30:14 Kelly wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 13, 2007 2:12 am Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > My University wants to force us all to use OpenSuse. Up to now I'm a
> > happy Fedora user. So can you help to find more arguments why I should
> > keep using Fedora?
>
> - YaST can be horribly, horribly slow.  In fact, that's the main reason I
> switched to Fedora.

IMHO yum is not the best point you can use to try to beat any distro :-)

> - Novell is involved with that shady IP deal with Microsoft.  Not good.

However, they're doing such a great work with OpenSuSe.
I remember when RedHat was accuse to be more or less like Microsoft, and
nothing happened they're still a great company and they'll be.

I do not want to start any distro flame, those are just my opinions, I do use
Fedora :-)
Cheers
--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.