VMware hard reset with Fedora 7 on MacBook

Thorsten Knieling thorsten.knieling at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 13 13:20:26 UTC 2007

Hi,

I installed Fedora 7 x86_64 on my MacBook 2.1Ghz. Everything went fine
except VMware Workstation 5.5.4.
To build vmware modules I use the vmware-any-any109 patches.
I copied my other Windows XP VMware image to my new system and tried to
start the virtual
machine (VM).
Suddenly after the boot of Windows XP the host resets and boots up into
rEFit/Linux (the boot manager on
MacBooks).

I thought that's an problem of the copied image. Especially because this ran
only on a 32-Bit notebook
before. Hmm.
So I create a new virtual machine for Windows XP. But here I got the same
hard reset.
Seems that MacBook's don't like Windows XP :).

Do anybody here have similar problems? On my old IBM Thinkpad with Fedora 6
everything went
well. No problems at all. Due to hard resets I don't get any output or logs
to analyze.

Bye,
 Thorsten