Shutting down Fedora-7

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 14:37:50 UTC 2007

On 6/13/07, Timothy Murphy <tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie> wrote:
[...]
> The reason I suspect a bug is that when I restart the machine
> I always get a message from Firefox saying that the last session
> ended improperly, and asking me if I want to resume the last session
> or start a new session.

from: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0/releasenotes/

Resuming your browsing session: The Session Restore feature restores
windows, tabs, text typed in forms, and in-progress downloads from the
last user session. It will be activated automatically when installing
an application update or extension, and users will be asked if they
want to resume their previous session after a system crash.

Shutting down the PC before closing FF isn't really a crash - but
imagine you had 10 tabs open on a multiuser PC and someone else
reboots the machine.  After reboot, you could just restore the session
and all 10 tabs would be there, instead of picking through the
history.

Chris