problem getting xoops cms to work on my Fedora 7 server

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez manuel at todo-linux.com
Wed Jun 13 15:22:19 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 13 June 2007 17:16:41 Scott Berry wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> Has anyone installed Xoops cms on a Fedora server?  I am having problems
> with it connecting to the mysql database.  Xoops is written in php so I
> think I might also be missing a php package which talks to the mysql
> server. I looked under php for any packages which might work but I seemed
> to come up open handed because I am uncertain what to install.  Can some
> one give me some advice?  Here is the error I get from xoops when I try to
> install it.
>
> This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.
>
> You can provide the following information to the administrators of this
> site to help them solve the problem:
>
> Error: Unable to connect to database
>
> Scott

I guess if you configured the credentials for Xoops to access the mysql,
there's a good way to try that, use the credentials xoops is suppose to use
to connect to, I mean:

mysql -D xoops_database -u xoops_user -p xoops_password

And see what happen, does that work?

--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.

be used for urgent or sensitive issues.