What is en_US ?

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Wed Jun 13 15:31:14 UTC 2007

Alan Cox wrote:
> Trivia:
> In the early days Red Hat did in fact include a Red Neck installation
> option, because there was a need to translate stuff and none of the US
> office at the time spoke anything but en_US and en_Redneck

It may be my aging and drug addle brain, but I recall this being one
of the tidbits mentioned during installs back in the RHL days (Donnie
Barnes was credited/blamed for that one I think).

I enjoyed that sort of entertainment in the installer.  My favorite
was the "let's all go to the kitchen and get a snack!" one with the
smiling refrigerator & hot dog (again, this could just be the drugs
talking :).

A penny saved kills your career in government.