Shutting down Fedora-7

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 13 21:54:01 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 14:25 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I notice that when shutting down F-7
> the commands (umounting this and that, etc)
> no longer appear on the screen,
> which remains black until the computer goes off.
>
> Is this a setting I could change?
> Or is there some bug in my system?
>
> The reason I suspect a bug is that when I restart the machine
> I always get a message from Firefox saying that the last session
> ended improperly, and asking me if I want to resume the last session
> or start a new session.

Nor seeing the shutdown messages has been standard since FC5 or FC6.

As other have said the different behavior of Firefox is a function of
Firefox 2 which did not appear in earlier versions of Fedora.
Not closing Firefox before you shutdown will cause the messages you
indicate when you open Firefox 2.
It is difficult to soar with the eagles when you work with turkeys.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net