Creating the first guest in Fedora 7 xen results in "Hotplug scripts npt working" error.

Adam Greenberg moose at quadruped.com
Thu Jun 14 03:04:23 UTC 2007

I have Fedora 7 (emt64) running on a Dell Precision 690 (quad core Xeon 5300).  I enables VT in the Bios.  When I run the Virtual Machine Manager Create Wizard and attempt to install an  32 bit Ubuntu (7.04) virtual machine (full virtualization) I get the following error:
Unable to complete install: 'virDomainCreateLinux() failed POST operation failed: (xend.err 'Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.')'

I've not found any relevant suggestions on the Web regarding a solution to this problem.   I'm grateful for whatever help you can render.