(fedora) Re: Fedora vs OpenSuse

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Thu Jun 14 23:45:51 UTC 2007

Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen wrote:
>> On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 10:22 +0200, Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen wrote:
>>> The systems are mainly used to develop application and exchange
>>> binaries with other groups outside the university : so I want to keep
>>> my glibc in synch with the others.
>> I'd imagine that to be a main reason why to use one OS or another.  Do
>> you know what the others are using?
> Somewhere in between FC6 and F7. we agreed to use the last stable version of
> Fedora as reference system. All systems are running F7 or will be upgraded
> in the very near future.

In terms of exchanging binaries - if you aren't already, you might like
to consider packaging your source code as rpm and exchanging src.rpm's.
Then the other users would need to perform a few steps ending with
rpmbuild --rebuild x.src.rpm

The others would be able to review your source code; you may not want that.

DaveT.