What is en_US ?

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez manuel at todo-linux.com
Fri Jun 15 10:43:25 UTC 2007

On Friday 15 June 2007 12:07:32 tech wrote:
> Alan Cox wrote:
> >> I never heard of anyone misunderstanding something
> >> because it was in en_US rather than in en_GB.
>
> en-US vrs en_GB maybe not but British vrs American - Most definitely yes!

Here in Spain we learn British English and teachers gave us sometimes
documents written by americans, like letters or articles and it's quite
different, especially typical expressions

I used to think that the difference is not as big as they told us, but I
remember when I went to NY for a week.It was quite frustrating to miss loads
of expressions when talking to folks there.
But in the end, it's just expressions, I often do not understand people from
Argentina or Chile when they speak spanish though :)
My 2 cents

--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.

be used for urgent or sensitive issues.