Error: Missing Dependency: xine-lib = 1.1.7 is needed by package xine-lib-extras-nonfree

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 18:17:46 UTC 2007

On 16/06/07, David Boles wrote:
> on 6/16/2007 3:37 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> >> I did 'yum --exclude xine-lib-extras-nonfree update'
> >>
> >> If it persists, someone should file a bug (at Livna?).  There might be
> >> a few kinks in the new packaging system, who knows?  My bet is that
> >> it'll sort itself out real soon.  Can't believe I typed that last
> >> sentence - Ayatta switchma lo-cal ta en_RN ;)
> >>

> > Livna cannot do anything about it.
> >
> > It looks more like coordinating the release of the xine-lib updates
> > with the Fedora guys has failed somehow. The new update release
> > workflow causes no end of problems. Packagers have to visit web
> > interfaces, push buttons, release engineers need to approve the
> > requests. It is really sad to see how Fedora 7 performs badly due to
> > lots of broken dependencies.
>

> Your statement is what is called FUD. Your dependency problem is not
> Fedora's fault at all. It is causedby your doing and was caused when you
> installed packages from someplace other than Fedora.

Check your facts, David!

xine-lib 1.1.7 in Fedora was released today, only a few hours ago:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2007-June/msg00325.html

On the contrary, xine-lib-extras-nonfree 1.1.7 was released yesterday already:
http://livna.org/pipermail/freeworld/2007-June/001586.html