grub at start up

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 17 07:53:35 UTC 2007

Antonio Olivares:
>> When the box starts up, grub's default time is about 4 seconds; how do I
>> change that? I remember seeing it posted once before, but forgot to
>> write down...

Claude Jones:
> use your preferred text editor as root and open /boot/grub/grub.conf
> your answer shall be obvious

And for further info, the grub man page is quite useless, as Antonio may
have discovered, but the info file is quite comprehensive.

i.e. info grub

--
(This box runs Centos 5.0, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & 7, in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.