Samsung ML-2510 printer purchase

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 17 08:53:23 UTC 2007

Amadeus W.M.:
>> I have a ML-2550 and it does indeed work perfectly. I configured it
>> with absolutely no problem since FC1. I share it over the network
>> and the other linux machines simply pick it up without any need for
>> configuration.

Thufir:
> How do you network it?

It appears to have wireless ethernet:
<http://www.samsung.com/in/products/laserprinterslaserbasedmfps/workgroupnetworklaserprinter/ml2550.asp>

> I didn't see an ethernet port on the display model at future shop.  In
> my case, I'd like to direct connect the printer to the PC with USB
> cable, which is cheaper and longer.

The pricing is debatable (what you buy, and where), but USB definitely
has a shorter cable range limit (5 metres of USB, versus 100 metres of
[wired] ethernet, or something in between for wireless).

--
(This box runs Centos 5.0, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & 7, in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.